New from maryland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New from maryland

Post  B00ST00 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 am

Like the title says im a new owner from maryland. I just sent a guy a deposit on a 2001 xr650R from SC. Not going to pick it up until May 8 because of college and work interuptions. The bike is pretty much stock with the exception of a muffler and jetting. Ive been interested in the 650r's for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger on one. I have owned a number of street bikes and dirt bikes since I was younger and currently own a 2008 suzuki hayabusa with basic mods along with a 2007 honda rincon 680 atv. I plan to set up the xr650r intitally as a dual sport to ride on the road as well as the trails and when time/funding allows slowly set it up for super moto. Basic info about me... Im 24, currently going to college full time at night pursuing my BA in criminal justice while working full time during the day. Not much down time for the toys but I make the best of it. I look forward to learning a lot about the bike and possibly connecting with locals to ride with. Take care.

Andrew
B00ST00
L Rider

XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Welcome Pig Wrangler!

Post  Bump on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 am

Show us your scoot.
Bump
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New from maryland

Post  Backwoods Boogie on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Welcome to the forum BOOSTOO.....
Backwoods Boogie
XRR Jockey

XR650R Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Tagging an XR in Maryland

Post  mscotter on Fri May 21, 2010 3:06 am

If you don't mind me asking, what's involved in getting an XR licensed for the street in Maryland? I recently became aware of Supermoto style bikes and the thought of being able to ride an XR on the street is really interesting to me, but I have no idea how difficult this is. Is it hard to get insurance for this? Aside from the mechanicals, what hooops do you have to run through with Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration?
mscotter
L Rider

XR650R Year : Looking

Back to top Go down

Post  B00ST00 on Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 am

Its not a big deal. You just have to install lights, signals, mirrors, horn, and DOT legal tires. You can pick up the entire kit from baja designs for $500. As for insurance, the rates are the same as the 650L you just need to tell your insurance company that you are tagging the bike. I was going to tag the 650r I just bought but I just found out im not going to have any free time for it with school and everything. Im looking to sell it if you know of anyone in MD thats looking for one.
B00ST00
L Rider

XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top