G'Day from Seffrica

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G'Day from Seffrica

Post  Beserker on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 pm

G'Day,

Quick bio: Seffrica...local pronunciation for South Africa, where I am at.

Been riding XR's since 1983 when my grandad bought me an XR200 off the first shipment that landed here, and haven't look back since.

My current ride:





Looking forward to checking out the site nice
avatar
Beserker
L Rider

Joined : 2010-04-07

Posts : 6
Location : South Africa
XR650R Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  RallyMoto on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:46 am

Welcome! Looks like you're set up for long rides.
avatar
RallyMoto
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2009-04-18

Posts : 98
Location : Monterey Bay, CA
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  Beserker on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:53 am

Long distance for sure, the top pic was taken in Namibia, that particular day, from fuel stop to fuel stop was about 320 miles, most of it down wadi's (sandy dry river beds)....also did not see a soul.

I'm planning trip for September, where our longest distance between fuel stops are 750 km...will be carrying 50l of fuel.

Thanks for the welcome. cheers
avatar
Beserker
L Rider

Joined : 2010-04-07

Posts : 6
Location : South Africa
XR650R Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Welcome!

Post  Bump on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Looks like you are MR XR of SA!
avatar
Bump
XRR Monger

Joined : 2009-01-28

Posts : 1144
Location : Canyon Lake, So Cal
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  RallyMoto on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Beserker wrote:Long distance for sure, the top pic was taken in Namibia, that particular day, from fuel stop to fuel stop was about 320 miles, most of it down wadi's (sandy dry river beds)....also did not see a soul.

I'm planning trip for September, where our longest distance between fuel stops are 750 km...will be carrying 50l of fuel.

Thanks for the welcome.


Nice! That's some long distance, alright. I just picked up an Acerbis Sahara tank for a Mexico run I'm doing next October. My brother's and I are going to ride from Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz, take the ferry to the mainland and head back up and around through Arizona, etc. Lots of dry river beds in the deserts here, too.

Where you heading in September?
avatar
RallyMoto
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2009-04-18

Posts : 98
Location : Monterey Bay, CA
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  Beserker on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:56 pm

RallyMoto wrote:

Nice! That's some long distance, alright. I just picked up an Acerbis Sahara tank for a Mexico run I'm doing next October. My brother's and I are going to ride from Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz, take the ferry to the mainland and head back up and around through Arizona, etc. Lots of dry river beds in the deserts here, too.

Where you heading in September?

Yeah, from what I have seen of the states, where I live is a bit like Arizona/Oregon desert areas (we have coast) , but with the attitude of Mexico (based on Dust to Glory naughty ). September I'm going up to Angola, doing a stretch from Foz de Kunune to Baba, and then east to Menogue, and then south through the Caprivi.

Haven't been back there since the war, 20 yrs ago and will be interesting to see.

Now I need to check where the heck Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz is, I read an awesome report once, and Cabo sounds familiar...enjoy.

Edit: Had a look see, the place looks stunning..you will enjoy!


Last edited by Beserker on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Beserker
L Rider

Joined : 2010-04-07

Posts : 6
Location : South Africa
XR650R Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  RallyMoto on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Beserker wrote:

Now I need to check where the heck Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz is, I read an awesome report once, and Cabo sounds familiar...enjoy.

Basically Central California Coast down to the tip of Baja and over to mainland Mexico and back up through the desert of Arizona/Nevada to home (Monterey).
avatar
RallyMoto
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2009-04-18

Posts : 98
Location : Monterey Bay, CA
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  Beserker on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Just checked it out...you have a HUGE playground, and your ride is in a stunning area.

An interesting titbit, USA has more designated wilderness area than the whole of Africa combined, and of course you have the OHV programme..we can only wish.

I don't need to tell you, but neverless..ENJOY.
avatar
Beserker
L Rider

Joined : 2010-04-07

Posts : 6
Location : South Africa
XR650R Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum