Beaver from OZ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beaver from OZ

Post  beaver350 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:33 pm

I think i got this pic posting sorted out duhhhhhhh , pics of the xr not a beaver.



Oh yeah it worked,  beat head 

beaver350
L Rider

Joined : 2014-06-20

Posts : 45
Location : Queensland Aust.
XR650R Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  Xrsaylor01 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Nice bike.  2 thumbs  is that the Baja designs dual sport light kit?
avatar
Xrsaylor01
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-07-03

Posts : 54
Location : Berea, KY
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  Xrsaylor01 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:24 pm

And by the way, the tittle is a little misleading..... I mean I do like beaver.  naughty
avatar
Xrsaylor01
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-07-03

Posts : 54
Location : Berea, KY
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  Mad Frosty on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:13 pm

That is very clean looking bike you have there , lucky fecker  nice 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  Zoro on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:44 am

Nice, looks like its been sitting in someones shed for the last 10 years..

Zoro
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2011-07-08

Posts : 122
Location : Darwin, Australia
XR650R Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  beaver350 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for the feedback gents, i do try to keep it presentable.Armor-All and WD40 and some rags does wonders. Your almost right there ZORO, it sits under a bike cover in a carport most of the time, only ridden on sundays (true) Xrsaylor01 i'm not sure if you mean headlight or taillight but both are standard, the small light on top of the rear guard is not wired so does not work, it would not meet roadworthy here so that is why the other light is under the rear guard. Just for some useless info. in 2004 these bikes sold for $9000 AUD ,that was ride away,uncorked at the dealer,all tax and duties paid, KTM640 hand grenade  StirPot  was about $12500-$12800 and Yamaha TT600 was around $8000 or there abouts. Other makes i can't remember, too long ago  shrug At the time the KTM was meant to be faster but had a reputation of going BOOOOMMMMMMMM so i think i made the right choice  blah

beaver350
L Rider

Joined : 2014-06-20

Posts : 45
Location : Queensland Aust.
XR650R Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  Mad Frosty on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Clearly There is no salt used on the roads in QLD  nice 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  beaver350 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Clearly There is no salt used on the roads in QLD  nice 

And no pepper  nice 

beaver350
L Rider

Joined : 2014-06-20

Posts : 45
Location : Queensland Aust.
XR650R Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  Xrsaylor01 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 pm

beaver350 wrote:Xrsaylor01 i'm not sure if you mean headlight or taillight but both are standard, the small light on top of the rear guard is not wired so does not work, it would not meet roadworthy here so that is why the other light is under the rear guard.

I'm sorry I had momentary memory loss. I forgot the AUS models came with a speedo, blinkers, and a horn. Here in the US we've got to jump through hoops to get 'em street legal. I had to add a speedo, horn, and brake light switch. I don't have blinkers installed, I just use hand signals. I do have a turn signal kit i plan on fitting at some point, but I need an upgraded stator first.
avatar
Xrsaylor01
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-07-03

Posts : 54
Location : Berea, KY
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  beaver350 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Xrsaylor01 wrote:
beaver350 wrote:Xrsaylor01 i'm not sure if you mean headlight or taillight but both are standard, the small light on top of the rear guard is not wired so does not work, it would not meet roadworthy here so that is why the other light is under the rear guard.

I'm sorry I had momentary memory loss. I forgot the AUS models came with a speedo, blinkers, and a horn. Here in the US we've got to jump through hoops to get 'em street legal. I had to add a speedo, horn, and brake light switch. I don't have blinkers installed, I just use hand signals. I do have a turn signal kit i plan on fitting at some point, but I need an upgraded stator first.
You could try using LED blinkers, most auto parts shops sell them here, i guess there is the same, that would be more forgiving on your electrical system, and stick with the trumpet horn  nice 

beaver350
L Rider

Joined : 2014-06-20

Posts : 45
Location : Queensland Aust.
XR650R Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Beaver from OZ

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum