New to the site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to the site

Post  kirky on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Hey all new on here and loving my first BRP when aftermarket parts arent falling of it Very Happy 
My BRP is currently in sm form for some tarmac fun but the knobbly's are going straight back as soon as i can pick-up a new rear sprocket and front inner tube for the wheels.

Anybody else on here from the northeast uk?
avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mauser on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Welcome I'm in the Midlands.... Bump 

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1821
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mad Frosty on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:05 pm

I am not far from you , where have you got the bike from ? ( there was one for sale in Consett )
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  kirky on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:I am  not far from you , where have you got the bike from ? ( there was one for sale in Consett )

cheers for the friendly welcomes.
i bought it from down near leeds in January and spent a few months sorting it out and rebuilding it, its still got some teething problems but its so much fun when its working well
avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mauser on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Phew glad its got the proper US spec small headlight and not the larger ugly 1 that Frosties and Co use  BRP smile post some pictures of her plz....some on here Burpy in particular cannot read too well so pictures will help asking for it

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1821
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  kirky on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Heres a few pictures of the playtoys  Very Happy 





avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mauser on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Ahhhh  Frustrated large headlight alert lol

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1821
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mad Frosty on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:37 pm

I will have spare 48 tooth rear sprocket ( oem ) in good nick soon if that is what you are after , for free .
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mad Frosty on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Mauser wrote:Ahhhh  Frustrated large headlight alert lol

Bigger is better , you should know that mr 10"

 thats funny 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  kirky on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 am

Mad Frosty wrote:I will have spare 48 tooth rear sprocket ( oem ) in good nick soon if that is what you are after , for free .

cheers Mad Frosty that would be great, its running standard gearing at the moment and im happy with it so i was going to keep it that way for the time being  2 thumbs 
avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  kirky on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:46 am

Mauser wrote:Ahhhh  Frustrated large headlight alert lol

i don't mind the headlight, i will more than likely change it at some point Mauser but it will be one of the last things i do.

i haven't seen any that's caught my attention yet.
avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mauser on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:04 am

How can you say that  BRP smile the stock US version is beautiful, small and plastic and a bit dim...bit like me lol.... Bump 

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1821
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  kirky on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Mauser wrote:How can you say that  BRP smile the stock US version is beautiful, small and plastic and a bit dim...bit like me lol.... Bump 

Haha Mauser i only just noticed the difference between them...... my god what did they do to them  Shocked 
avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  BuRP on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Kirk,

police ignore Mouse's remhark abott my reeding! I kan reed ferry wel, juice have problem width speling, hens his remhark of picturesque (thanks the lord for spell checking for that last one hmm?  BRP smile  )
Nice find indeed, in Blighty of all places. Have fun and go dig some long trenches is what I'd recommend!  Bump 
avatar
BuRP
XRR Monger

Joined : 2010-10-18

Posts : 1575
Location : Pretoria Souf Efrika
XR650R Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  kirky on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 pm

BuRP wrote:Kirk,

police ignore Mouse's remhark abott my reeding! I kan reed ferry wel, juice have problem width speling, hens his remhark of picturesque (thanks the lord for spell checking for that last one hmm?  BRP smile  )
Nice find indeed, in Blighty of all places. Have fun and go dig some long trenches is what I'd recommend!  Bump 

Haha no worries BuRP and i intend to soon,my spelling is just as bad most of the time  BRP smile 
I have done some offroading on it but the track tyres on the sm wheels don't agree with wet grass  doh 
avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Mad Frosty on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:29 pm

kirky wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:I will have spare 48 tooth rear sprocket ( oem ) in good nick soon if that is what you are after , for free .

cheers Mad Frosty that would be great, its running standard gearing at the moment and im happy with it so i was going to keep it that way for the time being  2 thumbs 
Are you running the 48 rear on them small Sumo wheels ? I take it that you like the wheelies then . Shocked 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  kirky on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:
kirky wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:I will have spare 48 tooth rear sprocket ( oem ) in good nick soon if that is what you are after , for free .

cheers Mad Frosty that would be great, its running standard gearing at the moment and im happy with it so i was going to keep it that way for the time being  2 thumbs 
Are you running the 48 rear on them small Sumo wheels ? I take it that you like the wheelies then . Shocked 

yeah i'm running standard gearing on both setups with it fully uncorked. down the back lanes its more fun than i've had in a long time, not to mention pulling out of every junction  Very Happy 
avatar
kirky
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-06-01

Posts : 141
Location : Newton Aycliffe Co.Durham England
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the site

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum