CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  MA$TER_E on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted  BRP smile 

I'm looking at a set of supermoto wheels for my XRR. I've done the CRF forks so the front wheel will bolt up no problem. Done. Moving on...

The rear wheel though I cant get a solid explanation as to how the conversion is done. I know that the CRF axle is 25mm and the XRR is 20mm, The CRF has two bearings on the drive side, and that's about it.

I'm looking for someone with an XRR that's done the conversion and can give me some pointers. I have access to a machine shop and can get pretty much anything I want machined up. But if I could just buy a conversion spacer kit somewhere I'd much rather go that route and save the time and energy measuring, cad modeling and machining...

I've found these and will plan on doing something similar but I'll have to verify these dimensions will work on the Warp9's...
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/693120-excel-crf-450-wheels-fit-my-xr650r/#entry7010616

 beat head 
avatar
MA$TER_E
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2012-09-04

Posts : 178
Location : Gladstone, OR
XR650R Year : 2005

http://www.xr650rforum.com/t1576-mater_e-s-project-beasty

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  Mauser on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:43 pm

When are the yanks going to get a grip with metric ?.....

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1832
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  MA$TER_E on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:51 am

Mauser wrote:When are the yanks going to get a grip with metric ?.....

Not soon enough...  Makes sense that you'd measure and machine a part to inches when it goes on a bike that's all millimeters! beat head
avatar
MA$TER_E
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2012-09-04

Posts : 178
Location : Gladstone, OR
XR650R Year : 2005

http://www.xr650rforum.com/t1576-mater_e-s-project-beasty

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  Mauser on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:12 am

Why are you going down the CRF route ?.....

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1832
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  Mad Frosty on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Some pictures for Mauser please ( as late Xmass present )  BRP smile 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  MA$TER_E on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 am

Mad Frosty wrote:Some pictures for Mauser please  ( as late Xmass present )  BRP smile 

 HI FROSTY!  cheers  banana  cheers 

Well Mauser, heres the story.  You may remember the USD CRF-450R conversion I posted about doing last year.

Before...

After...


Since then I've had the forks sprung and valved for the XRR and I doing Mach1 together down a fire road or trail through the woods and its AWESOME. Very happy with the XRR as a dual sport now.  For this summer I'd love to get some more street miles in with my buddies and am looking into doing this...

Before...

After...


Thats just a quick and dirty photoshop to get an idea of what color I want to do, I don't have the wheels yet. But, I think Red wheels, silver spokes and hubs will look awesome.  Slap the red OEM tank back on and it'll look even better.  I just don't know what its going to take to make the rear wheel fit for sure.  And I don't like the thought of ordering $1200 worth of hardware and hoping for the best. nice 

 cheers
avatar
MA$TER_E
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2012-09-04

Posts : 178
Location : Gladstone, OR
XR650R Year : 2005

http://www.xr650rforum.com/t1576-mater_e-s-project-beasty

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  MA$TER_E on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:54 am

Oh, minor detail I forgot to mention. I could just buy a CRF front and an XR650 rear wheel. BUT, I hope to acquire a used CRF some day soon and will be using the wheels for both bikes so going to a CRF wheel on the XR is going to save me a lot of money later.
avatar
MA$TER_E
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2012-09-04

Posts : 178
Location : Gladstone, OR
XR650R Year : 2005

http://www.xr650rforum.com/t1576-mater_e-s-project-beasty

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  ooeddym on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:56 am

This is the SOB that is driving us to supermoto. Ma$ter E pulled him in to dirt and this is how he thanks him, by torturing him with a super sexy KTM supermoto.

avatar
ooeddym
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2013-01-28

Posts : 116
Location : Vancouver Wa
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  Mauser on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:10 pm

MA$TER_E wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:Some pictures for Mauser please  ( as late Xmass present )  BRP smile 

 HI FROSTY!  cheers  banana  cheers 

Well Mauser, heres the story.  You may remember the USD CRF-450R conversion I posted about doing last year.

Before...

After...


Since then I've had the forks sprung and valved for the XRR and I doing Mach1 together down a fire road or trail through the woods and its AWESOME. Very happy with the XRR as a dual sport now.  For this summer I'd love to get some more street miles in with my buddies and am looking into doing this...

Before...

After...


Thats just a quick and dirty photoshop to get an idea of what color I want to do, I don't have the wheels yet. But, I think Red wheels, silver spokes and hubs will look awesome.  Slap the red OEM tank back on and it'll look even better.  I just don't know what its going to take to make the rear wheel fit for sure.  And I don't like the thought of ordering $1200 worth of hardware and hoping for the best. nice 

 cheers

OK gotcha now I can see your logic, how well will the 19" rear rim+tyre fit into the swinging arm ?.......my stock rim with a 90 profile tyre catches the shock guard ?.

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1832
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  B45HER on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:23 pm

I fitted crf wheels to my last xr, they were Talon/excell wheels but this may help

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?132285-XR650R-no-4
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  MA$TER_E on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:05 pm

B45HER wrote:I fitted crf wheels to my last xr, they were Talon/excell wheels but this may help

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?132285-XR650R-no-4

AWESOME!  I'll be in touch with you soon. This is exactly what I've been looking for!
avatar
MA$TER_E
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2012-09-04

Posts : 178
Location : Gladstone, OR
XR650R Year : 2005

http://www.xr650rforum.com/t1576-mater_e-s-project-beasty

Back to top Go down

Re: CRF Rear Wheel on my XRR

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum