Dedicated to Mauser

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated to Mauser

Post  BuRP on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am

For some time already my friend Mauser hints at the lack of me posting any pics of my bike, to the point of suggesting I own a beater even, or maybe even lack owning one, however carefully and diplomatically innuended.
Indeed I have posted nill as this site required jumping through certain hoops. I have learned though, so can't be blamed for not trying, and herewith a few pics of mine so as to convince him mine's not too shabby Wink

Here's the last pic of the relative virgin on its way to being abused for some 1000 km's in Botswana sand

... with the other side looking like this.

It came back like this before cleaning, but it never will be as neat as above.... for which I am utterly glad

So, matey Maus', now you know I got one too - or am reasonably skilled with Photoshop maybe? clown
BuRP
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Re: Dedicated to Mauser

Post  Mauser on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks for the piccies Burp.....I found the same images searching under Google banana only joking she looks great and indeed in good condition, nice to see all the relavant parts fitted etc....shame I cannot see your broken crank case cover from when your odd number chain linked chain came off and bust her up razz
Anyway am I right in thinking you never get much rain ?, the bike don't appear to have any rust on here spokes etc...or maybe Photoshop sorted that out for you ?.
Quick question looking at your rear tyre it seems about the right tread pattern I need....I love knobblies but on tarmac they don't last too long lol.
Thanks for the piccies...appreciated 2 thumbs

Mauser
Administrator

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  BuRP on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Maxxis Desert IT 120 wide, can't get wider (here?). Got a good rep and worked well in sand, no doubts it will do ditto on hard pack. Michelin Desert 90/90 up front, 1cm wider than the std tyre.
No, not much rain here, and absolute zero rust. I now have to work on the suspension because it's untouched still, and I've got springs lying in wait. I'll do the forks first most probably, including the Borynack conversion. Only recently heard good reports on the shock mod, will consider that too.
BuRP
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  rikco on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 pm

awesome desert pig Burp 2 thumbs

how you keep that tank so white?
rikco
XRR Jockey

XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post  BuRP on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 am

Keep it under cover so out of the sun helps I guess, plus that it is faily new still. The rubbing of the pants starts to show now, and I expect it to go brownish a bit in time - no biggie.
But also, it is filled with blue tankfoam, it shines through a bit, helps to 'whiten' it I guess.
BuRP
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top