Brand new member

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brand new member

Post  APACHE on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 pm

Greetings one and all from dudley,west midlands,England..Ive recently purchased (28th nov 2011) a XR650r,2005 and is superb..not used to it yet 100%,but previously owned a xr600. Looking to have it uncorked,so any tips etc or if its worth it would be greatly appreciated..Im sure i will find out a lot more about the bike a time goes on,but intill then,ill look forward to reading all ur coments and pages etc,and learn a lot from them..So place ur order for ur drinks behind the bar,first round on me folks!!..Regards..Karl.
APACHE
L Rider

XR650R Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Welcome!

Post  Bump on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:10 am

8 views and not one "hello!" C'mon pig wranglers...
Bump
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand new member

Post  xabntroop on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 am

APACHE wrote:Greetings one and all from dudley,west midlands,England..Ive recently purchased (28th nov 2011) a XR650r,2005 and is superb..not used to it yet 100%,but previously owned a xr600. Looking to have it uncorked,so any tips etc or if its worth it would be greatly appreciated..Im sure i will find out a lot more about the bike a time goes on,but intill then,ill look forward to reading all ur coments and pages etc,and learn a lot from them..So place ur order for ur drinks behind the bar,first round on me folks!!..Regards..Karl.

Welcome Karl
I bought a kit on ebay for 24.00 usd that had the block off kit, you will need to re jet your bike, airbox diaphram needs to be changed, remove your smog recirculator (pump)...minor stuff that takes about an hour or two depending on how well you know your bike. Guys like Burp, Bump, Aurora....and a few others are the local pig Doctors here. They either know it or will find out and help you.
Glad to see you in the pen.

Troop
xabntroop
L Rider

XR650R Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:04 am

Welcome Karl, local lad always welcome...just down the road from you in Lichfield listen up
If you need parts over here try our site www.xr650r.co.uk having new stuff made all the time and adding new stock etc.
I take it your bike is an import ?, think it's only the US versions which are corked....mine was when I got her...2 restrictors in the airbox, carb isolator restricted and smaller jets, cost me £50 from Honda for all the parts.
16211-MBN-640 ~ CARB ISOLATOR ~ £14.50

99101-357-1750 ~ #175 MAIN JET £10

16012-MBN-641 ~ MAIN NEEDLE £26.50

99105-MBN-0680 ~ SLOW JET £11

Give me a shout if you need any info send me a PM and I will send you my mobile/landline numbers...if you need help nice

Mauser
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  APACHE on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:45 am

xabntroop wrote:
APACHE wrote:Greetings one and all from dudley,west midlands,England..Ive recently purchased (28th nov 2011) a XR650r,2005 and is superb..not used to it yet 100%,but previously owned a xr600. Looking to have it uncorked,so any tips etc or if its worth it would be greatly appreciated..Im sure i will find out a lot more about the bike a time goes on,but intill then,ill look forward to reading all ur coments and pages etc,and learn a lot from them..So place ur order for ur drinks behind the bar,first round on me folks!!..Regards..Karl.

Welcome Karl
I bought a kit on ebay for 24.00 usd that had the block off kit, you will need to re jet your bike, airbox diaphram needs to be changed, remove your smog recirculator (pump)...minor stuff that takes about an hour or two depending on how well you know your bike. Guys like Burp, Bump, Aurora....and a few others are the local pig Doctors here. They either know it or will find out and help you.
Glad to see you in the pen.

Troop
thank u troop,much appreciated..ill give it a go in the not so distant future..thanks for reply
APACHE
L Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  APACHE on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 am

Bump wrote:8 views and not one "hello!" C'mon pig wranglers...
lol..thank u bump.and appreciate the welcome
APACHE
L Rider

Back to top Go down

Thank you for ur help

Post  APACHE on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 am

Hi guys..Im sorry i could not thank you all individually,but still trying to get me head round how the forum works lol. But it is much appreciated for all ur help,and mauser,thanks for giving me the part numbers etc,i will fone honda and get those thank u.So i will bump into u all as soon as i can work out properly individual replies etc...Thanks again..Karl.
APACHE
L Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  BuRP on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Yo Karl,

How the forum works:

- click on 'Post Reply' at the bottom
- wait until the new page fully opens
- type "Focker is a $%$#@!"
- click 'Send' (also at the bottom)

and watch your Inbox grow full by mails from Moderator Focker and from fellow forumnists because he's a good dude razz

Welcome too. As per his habit Mauser has a good point, your bike may well be derestricted (UNcorked) already - so check? If you find 2 plastic plugs in the top-right corner of your airfilter-housing (seen from the side, and both must come out) then my bet is it is. If so then buy the few parts, mount them, and next wheely beyond control out of your driveway into the road BRP smile
BuRP
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 pm

APACHE wrote:Hi guys..Im sorry i could not thank you all individually,but still trying to get me head round how the forum works lol. But it is much appreciated for all ur help,and mauser,thanks for giving me the part numbers etc,i will fone honda and get those thank u.So i will bump into u all as soon as i can work out properly individual replies etc...Thanks again..Karl.

As Burp suggests don't spend any £££ till you check out the airbox.....I bet yours isn't corked does it have the steel rear frame under the mudguard with the indicators fitted to it ?.....looks like this...

Mauser
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  rikco on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:20 am

welcome Karl

you gonna love the bike 100% sure Twisted Evil

any pictures maybe?

greets cheers
rikco
XRR Jockey

XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post  APACHE on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Superb folks many thanks again..i will certainly check those things out tomorow to see if its corked or not..ive been on nealry 2 days,and u guys have made me so welcome and knowledgeable in no time..thanks a lot...i will see if i have that sunrame thingy and ill post a pic of it..( or at least try lol )
APACHE
L Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  APACHE on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Mauser wrote:
APACHE wrote:Hi guys..Im sorry i could not thank you all individually,but still trying to get me head round how the forum works lol. But it is much appreciated for all ur help,and mauser,thanks for giving me the part numbers etc,i will fone honda and get those thank u.So i will bump into u all as soon as i can work out properly individual replies etc...Thanks again..Karl.

As Burp suggests don't spend any £££ till you check out the airbox.....I bet yours isn't corked does it have the steel rear frame under the mudguard with the indicators fitted to it ?.....looks like this...
erm,it has no indicators,but have a feeling the frame is there,but ill double check tomorow thanks.
APACHE
L Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  APACHE on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:27 pm

rikco wrote:welcome Karl

you gonna love the bike 100% sure Twisted Evil

any pictures maybe?

greets cheers
i will certainly have a go..greetings also thank u
APACHE